This episode features Elisa Rhynedance, a 2009 graduate from The United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs. You’ll get to hear all about the ups and downs of her journey towards self-discovery as she redefines herself from being a college gymnast to a military officer to eventually uncovering her passion as a coach. Enjoy the show!
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Managing the struggle of academics at the Academy
- Redefining yourself when you can no longer play your sport
- Learning to trust yourself and prioritize your goals
- Navigating the transition from military life to civilian life
- Learning to work with non-military personnel
- Taking a leap of faith and following your own path
- Can you tell everyone where you’re from? What school you went to and when you graduated?
- Can you give everyone 1-2 lines about who you are?
2:00 PART I:
- What made you choose a Service Academy – and what made you specifically choose the USAFA?
5:45 PART II:
- What are some of the highlights/most memorable moments from your time there?
- If you had to sum up your time at USAFA in one word – what would it be?
- What were your goals while you were at the Academy?
13:00 PART III:
- The struggle of academics at the Academy.
- What were some of the lowlights/most difficult times at the Academy?
- What are some of the lessons you learned?
24:48 PART IV:
- Tell me about your life post-graduation.
- What was your plan when you decided to separate from the military?
- How did you feel working in your first job post-military?
- How do you feel going to a service academy influenced the trajectory of your life?
37:00 PART V:
- How did your career working in a gym align with your experience in the military?
- What made you realize you were out of balance?
- How do you feel now in your current career coaching?
50:30 CONCLUDING THOUGHTS:
- Looking back now, how do you feel about your decision to attend an Academy?
- What’s next for you?
- Do you have any parting words for listeners? Perhaps a key message to your fellow Service Academy sisters?
- What’s one random fun fact about you?
- Where can people reach you?
Company Website: http://empoweredandresilient.com/
In addition, if you enjoy what you heard here today, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review. And if you’d like to be featured on an upcoming episode, please feel free to submit your contact information here. Thanks!
Like, share, rate, subscribe.
Find us on iTunes!