This episode features Elisa Rhynedance, a 2009 graduate from The United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs. You’ll get to hear all about the ups and downs of her journey towards self-discovery as she redefines herself from being a college gymnast to a military officer to eventually uncovering her passion as a coach. Enjoy the show!
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Managing the struggle of academics at the Academy
- Redefining yourself when you can no longer play your sport
- Learning to trust yourself and prioritize your goals
- Navigating the transition from military life to civilian life
- Learning to work with non-military personnel
- Taking a leap of faith and following your own path
- Can you tell everyone where you’re from? What school you went to and when you graduated?
- Can you give everyone 1-2 lines about who you are?
2:00 PART I:
- What made you choose a Service Academy – and what made you specifically choose the USAFA?
5:45 PART II:
- What are some of the highlights/most memorable moments from your time there?
- If you had to sum up your time at USAFA in one word – what would it be?
- What were your goals while you were at the Academy?
13:00 PART III:
- The struggle of academics at the Academy.
- What were some of the lowlights/most difficult times at the Academy?
- What are some of the lessons you learned?
24:48 PART IV:
- Tell me about your life post-graduation.
- What was your plan when you decided to separate from the military?
- How did you feel working in your first job post-military?
- How do you feel going to a service academy influenced the trajectory of your life?
37:00 PART V:
- How did your career working in a gym align with your experience in the military?
- What made you realize you were out of balance?
- How do you feel now in your current career coaching?
50:30 CONCLUDING THOUGHTS:
- Looking back now, how do you feel about your decision to attend an Academy?
- What’s next for you?
- Do you have any parting words for listeners? Perhaps a key message to your fellow Service Academy sisters?
- What’s one random fun fact about you?
- Where can people reach you?
Company Website: http://empoweredandresilient.com/
Thanks for listening and don’t forget that you can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
In addition, if you enjoy what you heard here today, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review. And if you’d like to be featured on an upcoming episode, please feel free to submit your contact information here. Thanks!
Like, share, rate, subscribe.
Find us on iTunes!